Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Khmer Language

I am currently learning to speak the Cambodian language Khmer. My team and I have a weeks worth of lesson ... Khmer is hard lol ... but the people are very nice and patient so whenever I get a chance I converse with them.

It is so great here, the people are amazing. I am currently living with my teammates upstairs a second hand shop in Phnom Pehn. Their names are: Lauren Raymond from Massachusetts; Jessica Spare from Kansas; Vince Yung from Texas; Stephanie Dorn from Nebraska. Also living with us are three others from Indonesia, their names are Tigor, Madan and Rika (They are so kool).

Although I have only been here for five days I feel like I have experienced so much the Khmer culture. I will be teaching crafts to school teachers in Phnom Pehn and two provinces. I don't start my crafts teaching until July 5 but I started attending one of the schools that I will be teaching at, and the staff are amazing. They are so full of joy.

I cannot wait what God as in store for me this coming up weeks !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment